Wednesday 9 November 2011

Troubleshooting SharePoint Diagnostics Logging


 

Production Server were creating blank log files, 0KB in size without any errors or apparent issue.


I started with some basics:

1) Is there adequate disk space on the server(s)?
2) Is the “Windows SharePoint Timer Service” running?

I then restarted the timer service to ensure that the credentials were still valid. But that didn’t help.

Next, I wanted to validate what my logging levels were set to, so I ran the following STSADM command:

stsadm -o listlogginglevels

This revealed that everything was set to “None” from the original defaults.

I next ran the following command to reset values to defaults:


Finally I ran the stsadm -o setlogginglevel -default command then issue resolved.







No comments:

Post a Comment